ShortbreadShortbread by veganbaking.net
Simple and tasty.
Cut into fancy or basic shapes, or make them into traditional rectangular fingers with rows of holes poked with a skewer. Dust with icing sugar if you'd like them to look a bit posher.
Can't find what your looking for? Search all of the ActiVeg Network recipes.
- 8 oz plain flour
- 5.5 oz vegan margarine/spread (e.g. Pure or vitalite)
- 4.5 oz castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Pre-heat oven.
- Rub fat into the flour. Stir in sugar and vanilla essence.
- Bring mixture together to form a firm dough and roll out to about 1.5cm thickness.
- Cut into desired shapes, place on lightly greased baking tray and cook for 15-20 mins at
- 180C, 350F or gas mark 4.
- Should be a light golden colour, cool and enjoy.
- Difficulty: Kids
- Preparation: Bake
- Provides: 4 servings
- Yields: A tray of biscuits
- Vegginess:: Vegan
- Preparation: 10 minutes
- Cooking: 20 minutes
- Total: 30 minutes
This recipe was reproduced with the kind permission of.